Feltham Arts
INSPIRING ARTS IN THE COMMUNITY SINCE 1989

FH - Jam Factory

BfarmGfarmJamF-set-Small.gif
 

By the end of the 19th century 200 acres of farmland that had previously been Butts and Glebe farms were brought by William Whiteley, who owned the Whiteleys of Bayswater store. William renamed the area Hanworth Farms, which supplied all the produce for the store’s food hall, including jam, preserves, squash and potted meats. 

In 1929 Whiteley’s son sold the Jam Factory to T.W.Beach & Son’s, award winning jam manufacturers who continued to make delicious jams in Hanworth for five years. They sold the land in order for new homes to be built in 1935, this is where the Butts Farm Estate stands today. 

BACK >

 
Map_Updated.jpg