Hanworth Park House was built in 1802 as a replacement to Hanworth Palace which burnt down in 1797 on the outskirts of Hanworth Park along Castle Way. Situated at the top of Forest Road, Hanworth Park House had many uses over the following thirty years.
It was a Red Cross hospital during the First World War. Ownership of the house and park was transferred to the National Flying Services in 1928 and it became a private flying club. In 1929 the area was renamed the London Airpark by National Flying services. When the National Flying Services closed in 1934, it became the London Air Park Flying Club and shortly afterwards became a hotel. In later years it became an old people’s home run by Middlesex County Council, then the London Borough of Hounslow until 1992. The house still stands today derelict.