Feltham Arts
INSPIRING ARTS IN THE COMMUNITY SINCE 1989

FH - Hanworth Air Park

Hanworth-Air-Park-Small.gif
 

In 1916 Hanworth Park was purchased to be used as a civil airfield and testing site for aeroplanes during the First World War, opening for operations in 1917 it became known as Hanworth Aerodrome. Following the end of the war, the history of the park remained very closely linked to the use of Hanworth Park House, right up until the end of the Second World War. The park is now a large public space with Haworth Air Park Leisure Centre and Library attached to it.  

BACK >

 
Map_Updated.jpg