Feltham Arts
INSPIRING ARTS IN THE COMMUNITY SINCE 1989

FH - Aston Martin

Aston-Martin-Set-Small.gif
 

The company moved from London to Victoria Road, Feltham after Albert Bertelli and Willliam Renwick purchased the business from Lionel Martin. During the First World War the factory had been used to build aeroplanes by Whitehead Aircraft Ltd, Aston Martin went on to produce approximately 600 cars here, before manufacture had to stop in anticipation of the Second World War. 

Fortunately the factory only sustained minor damage during The Blitz of 1940, however by 1944 the factory had badly damaged after being hit by a German flying bomb. When David Brown took ownership of the business and the Lagonda Company in 1947 he moved both of the production site’s to hangars on the airfield site at Hanworth Park.

BACK >

 
Map_Updated.jpg